Amkor’s popular InterposerPackage-on-Package(Interposer PoP) platform supports fine pitch flip chip connection by either thermocompression with non-conductive paste (TCNCP) or mass reflow with capillary underfill (CUF). Top interposer connection is performed by thermocompression bonding with copper core balls (CCB). The CCB connection between the bottom substrate and interposer allows for high speed and high-density interconnect access to interposer mounted devices. This highly reliable package achieves low unit warpage by using epoxy mold compound encapsulating the die in-between two substrates. The top interposer allows for significantly more top side attach flexibility vs. more restrictive Through Mold Via (TMV®) and can be coupled with numerous types of devices (packaged memory, passives, die, etc.).
The tight pitch connection from the bottom substrate to the interposer allows for high density, large quantity I/O interconnects. Interposer PoP processing enables an increase of die size without increasing package body size by utilizing finer pitchinterconnectsvs. TMV processing. Amkor has high volume Interposer PoP experience with the most advanced silicon nodes down to 7 nm, and ongoing projects below 7 nm. Amkor has assembled hundreds of millions of units to date with robust performance for a wide range of customers.
- 10-16 mm body sizes (common); custom body sizes available on request
- Top package I/O interface flexible for various top connections (die, passives, etc.)
- Wafer thinning/handling <100 μm is available
- Mature Package-on-Package (PoP) platform with consistent product performance and reliability
- Package technology is well established in high volume production
- Stackedpackage heights from 0.55 mm available in a variety of configurations
- Direct, high-density electrical connection between top and bottom substrate allows for lower latency and higher signal speeds
- Low unit warpage is achieved through use of EMC encapsulating the die in-between two substrates
- The top interposer allows for significantly more top side attach flexibility vs. the more restrictive TMV interconnect layout
- Due to the Interposer PoP package design, the top interposer can be coupled with numerous types of devices (packaged memory, passives, die, etc.)
- High density, and a large quantity of I/O interconnects are enabled by tight CCB pitch connection and top interposer fan-out routing
接触一个Amkor expert by clicking the request info button below.